Aug 22, 2016
Large wildfires force mandatory evacuations near Spokane
- The blazes in the Spokane region erupted Sunday [August 21, 2016] afternoon.
- Authorities are referring to the fires as the Hart Road Fire, the Spokane Complex fire, and now the new the Deep North Fire
- At their peak, the blazes scorched more than 12,000 acres, which is about 18 square miles, Monday.
- Wildfires burning in eastern Washington have destroyed at least 16 homes.
- No injuries have been reported.
- The fast-moving wildfires are quickly burning out of control