- The Country Fire Service has declared a major bushfire in the Adelaide Hills is 95 per cent contained.
- Fires have been sparked in other areas of the state, including Bordertown in the east and Streaky Bay on the Eyre Peninsula.
- Severe thunderstorm warning for damaging gusts of 90-120km/h across the state.
- 134 people, mainly firefighters, injured
- 32 homes confirmed destroyed or badly damaged
- 4 businesses destroyed or badly damaged
- 12,500 hectares of land burnt out
RESOURCES DEPLOYED IN RECENT DAYS
- 700+ firefighters
- 80 appliances
- 14 aircraft
- 2 air cranes
May 4, 2017 | The Telegraph
Extreme heat causes internet blackout in Australia
Jul 22, 2016 | Yahoo News
Bushfires follow Australia's third-hottest year
| Nature Communications
Climate-induced variations in global wildfire danger from 1979 to 2013
Mar 17, 2016 | ABC News
Adelaide Hills bushfire robbed soil of nutrients, researchers say