- States that human-induced climate change is threatening wildlife communities globally
- States that incidents of drought occur more frequently globally and, particularly, in Africa over the last 25 years
- States there is a need to better understand the causes of drought-induced mortality
- Finds that prolonged dry periods result in increased adult elephant mortality
- Finds that elephant mortality during dry periods is high close to water
- Finds that during dry periods, elephant mortality is due to starvation rather than dehydration
Mar 12, 2018 | The New York Times
Hotter, Drier, Hungrier: How Global Warming Punishes the World’s Poorest
Jan 1, 2018 | Weather Underground | Category 6
Top Ten Global Weather/Climate Events of 2017: A Year of Landfalls and Firestorms
Nov 17, 2017 | Reuters
Conflict and climate push 224 million Africans into hunger: U.N.
Nov 13, 2017 | U.S.
Weather forecasts help Ethiopian herders, farmers fight climate extremes